Monday 17 February 2014

Style notes: Martha Costello.


Martha Costello is the lead character played by Maxine Peake in BBC law drama 'Silk'. She's the first character/person to come into the spotlight on my 'Style notes' series because right now I'm currently working my way in a obsessive manner through series 2. Oh, the joy of Netflix.

It's hard to find a lot of images to showcase her style but I managed to find some around Tumblr and Pinterest. She's got one of the images I love so much with a snappy kickass personality to match. There is just something about slightly disheveled blonde hair paired with Red lips that I will forever use as a style reference. Then a classic white shirt and black sunglasses. The whole thing just makes me really wish I'd have done better at A Level law.

Of course the personality of the character adds to that desire too, she's northern, fiery and always adds an unusual twist on cases. In one episode of the first series she mentions her first trial was the 15th May 1995, obviously a date you can assume was plucked out of thin air by writers but I kinda love it the characters first case was on the day I was born. Maybe I can be a Martha Costello?



No comments:

Post a Comment